Happy Christmas


Hope you all had a good time at the ice rink and that the injured parties are all recovering.
Scout will start back on Friday 18th January 8pm-9-30pm at the hut.
During the holidays there'll be a few drop in sessions at Alan's for the robotics team prior to the regional competition on Wednesday 9th January at Manchester University. I hope you've all got your holiday forms back....

As you know we are going to the Big Bang show in London in March and I was wondering if four scouts (not the 4 from last year) wanted to try and make a pedal car simulator, based on our old exercise bike? If you do, have a think about what we can reasonably make and let me have your ideas by e-mail or Facebook. If there's more that four interested I'll pick those with the best ideas!

I've been a little bit confused by Santa this year, of course I saw him in the cave at Llanymynech but then I was reading an article by the University of Maryland suggesting he couldn't possible exist, read it for yourselves here:
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~avondale/extra/Humor/ChristmasHumor/SantaAnalysis.html

However the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) leapt to my rescue, not only do they give a detailed FAQ explaining how it all works but they have been tracking him every year since 1958. I feel much more confident now as I know they can track missiles from North Korea so Santa should be easy!
You can see where he is here if you don't believe me:
http://www.noradsanta.org/en/

Comments