Mighty Moelwyn Matterhorn mountain meander

Mmmm... sounds magnificent! Come on the hike if you're 12 years old or more...



Hah! They tried to take the SSGMG away from us because it had turned into a private mountaineering team for Boreatton! But we've got it back - Pete and I begged them and so they've given us both T2 permits and now we can do the hikes ourselves! And they'll even take you to Scotland when you're an explorer to do the serious snow sliding!

This Sunday is Cnicht, the Matterhorn of the Moelwyns! 


Mini on the top - I didn't take a pic of the 'Matterhorn view' as it is a bit of a scramble and I was busy scrambling! 


and here's another pic from last time with Rich setting a good example of being careful on thin ice! 

A nice shortish day with a bit of a scramble and dams and lakes to play in. As this is the first one with my shiny new permit and as Pete is away, they've given me another leader from Yr Hafod, who I secretly think is spying on me to see that I really have got a good gang of mountain walkers so I need a bunch of you to turn out with all the right gear! It's a nice little mountain, so should be fun!
Let me know if your coming asap!


Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds a lot better then watching Robins Gym competition, but sometimes family comes first :-( have a great day.