Shooting squad

The National Rifles Competition is always very oversubscribed, and this year they have reduced the numbers of scouts allowed in a team, so I'm afraid that not everyone that signed up can go. We have applied for the max places (7) and I awarded these to those who were in the top 5 in their events last year and have the opportunity to challenge for a place in the national squad, the best shots in standing rifle and in pistol from our practice, and finally, the best 3 new scouts shooting rifle sitting that had not shot with me previously and registered on the event booking that they were keen to come. I had hoped to take a couple more of you based on how keen you were (speed of signing up!) but the max numbers were reduced from 9 to 7 so I'm afraid that those scouts are on my reserve list and not guaranteed a place. I have spoken to al these and so if you haven't had a phone call from me asking for your £40 deposit, I'm afraid you are not in the team this year :(
If you just missed the squad but are keen to shoot competitively, let me know and I will organise some training and you can shoot for the YPS awards and we can enter one of the other shooting competitions or postal shoots if there is interest.
Unfortunately, Eventbrite event booking software gets overexcited and sends out reminders to everyone who logged interest - I'd forgotton this - so if you get a reminder email from eventbrite about shooting this w/e it is not real I'm afraid as I was just using the booking software to get a list of everyone who wanted to do more shooting. Sorry! just ignore the email... :(

Comments