Karting Koordination for 10 July

ITS NEARLY TOO LATE!!! GET THE PARTICIPATION FORM TO ME NOW!!!


Everyone should have the Rednall Karting participation form and if you are coming you need to have given it to me by 9 July as I will confirm final numbers to Rednall on Saturday. Numbers are constrained so if parents want to join in let me know but the priority will be scouts, explorers, then parents. There are only 15 scouts going as it stands so there may be room for parents - get me your participation form and I will let parents know if they are not able to race. I am away until Friday evening so there will be no reminders! I am taking the participation form to be your consent to take part and confirming that YOU accept all risk associated with the motor sport they are taking part in. I will have received that by 9 July - the day before Karting - as they have had problems with scout or cub groups recently and we need to show them we can be super prepared and no trouble at all at Boreatton.

One year when we went, there was a crash and two (a scout and a cub) were thrown from their karts: no-one was seriously hurt, but it shows that motor sports are not without risk. Last year, after the cub's event, one of the parents was sporting a cut above the eye where he got hit by part of the barriers... This all sounds very scary, as does Rednall's participation form, but I am happy that the activity is run properly the other leaders and I are happy that it is safe to let our own kids take part. They have a great time!
Parents, the scout one day activity form serves to give me your contact details for the day and give me info on any medical issues that may be relevant. Please complete one of these too (forms, forms, forms...). Also we are charging £10 for this so please bring along on the day if you have not paid in advance. The one day activity form is additional to the participation form which I need before 9 July!!!



The activity will be run by the Rednal Kart Centre who can be contacted on 07989 471307 or see http://www.rednalkarting.co.uk/home.php.



Comments