hot and hotter in Istanbul


Hello mum its me - getting Al to type for me... We went shopping in the Grand Bazar and spice markets. I was about to get ripped off by paying the asking price for a snake charming flute thing but Al saved the day and haggled to get the price down to half of what it was to start with... I think the stall holder would have been disappointed if we just paid up and didn't stay to chat and haggle - but praps he had the last laugh as no-one seemed very charmed by me playing it and I havn't lured any snakes yet, just a stray cat that I think would have come into our bedroom anyway..., Oh well, I'll just have to practice lots (and LOTS!) when I get home Al says!

Here's some more pics from the bazar


- (the coffee in the grand bazar is so thick you can stand your spoon up in it)

and picnicing etc,
(nice backdrop eh?)
oh and being awarded the Chief Scouts Gold award in the park by the centre of the universe - the stone from which all places are measured...




Comments