Smashing!






Hmmm... that wasn't the end of term BBQ I was expecting when I invited the scouts to my home! I was not impressed by finding them smashing up my daughters' play caravan!!!


There was broken glass all over the inside and mixed in the gravel around the caravan, the window hinges broken, the door smashed with the tyre swing so that it no longer closes...


Not what you expect when you invite friends around for a BBQ!!!



I expect you are thinking how appallingly behaved the other scouts were, and if you ask your scout if they were involved, they will all say 'it wasn't me', but I know a substantial proportion of scouts were involved and only one had the decency to own up and apologise (which I have accepted and I respect him at least for facing up to his actions and a seemingly genuine regret for his behaviour).


For the others, they may think that they are fooling me and getting away with it, but I know who is always there when there is bad behaviour, and whilst there may seem to be no direct consequence, they will have fewer opportunities than would otherwise be open to them...

Ask your scout what happened and then ask yourself if you trust them when they say 'it wasn't me!'

Comments