Martialling the troop

We seem to have focussed on use of weapons this half term. Everyone should have recieved a phone call or a form by now and know which half of the troop they are in. When we do activities needing significant ammounts of equipment and close supervision, its a lot easier and everyone gets a better go at things if we split the troop...
So, those doing the rifles on WEDNESDAY Feb 27 will meet at the Telepost Club (at the start of the town walls one way loop in Shrewsbury) for 7pm - 9pm. You will not have scouts on Friday Feb 29, when the other half will be doing fencing.
Those doing fencing, I have got hold of swords, armour, instructors etc, but I am still waiting to find out if we can get a sports room at PGL. If I can then it will be our normal time of 8-9:30 at the scout hut. If they cannot fit us in then I guess I'll have to phone round with an alternative venue... so if you don't hear from me then its usual time and place for those not shooting.
The following week is a normal troop night at the hut, and then the last week of term we will reverse the half troops and do the fencing and shooting again - rifles on Wednesday at the Telepost Club and fencing on Friday whereever I can get some space

Comments