New Scouts



Welcome to two new scouts - we had our going up ceremony and traditional 'river of mud' meeting on Friday - here's our newest recruits...

There would have been some pictures of them crossing our suspension bridge here (which was a very nice stable bridge compared to the conventional bamboo bridge we had last time...), however I spent much of the time preventing scouts running around the forests with blazing brands, retrieving scouts who stomped off having been prevented from running around the forest with blazing brands, and finally looking after our putative fire breather who got as far as helping himself to a mouthful of diesel from my fire-raising box... ho-hum, another few pages of recommendations in the incident book, but all survived unscathed in the end. Ian tells me all the other scouts had an entertaining time and that they had fun!

I was planning to have phoned around arrangements for THURSDAY'S meeting by now, but I had all the Ro-boreatteers round all w/e preparing the eco-guinea pig home for their Research Project at the national robotics final next Sat, and just haven't got round to it yet, but Ian and I will be in touch soon!

Comments