Doing it all!

Phil mentioned to me that someone had said to her they thought that some of our activities were restricted, which did worry me as I am very keen that we don't get into having cliques etc. In general, if you see anything mentioned here its open to all of you! If you are interested - go for it! There are one or two events with age restrictions, so for example the SSGMG hikes are generally for scouts 12 or older. Similarly, the ro-boreateers were the 10 scouts that expressed an interest in the robotics competition and it is difficult to bring in new members to the team at this stage.

However, for example, in the blog below, I gave info on the hike on Sunday but didn't specifically encourage scouts that have not been on the other SSGMG hikes to come. That's not because you are not welcome, but because it may well be rather rough conditions and I do not want to put any of you off hiking by making your first hike a bit of a shock and an ordeal - the group do introductory hikes at the start of their season in May when I try and get all our older scouts to come along. But if you enjoy hiking then it can be great at this time of year - just let me know you are interested!

Similarly, if you want to be in the Drum Corps- now is a good time to join, and also the rocketry meeting in Feb is open to anyone who wants to launch rockets and play with explosives! I just do the stuff that appeals to me and everything we do is fun so come along and join in!

Comments