Turning Japanese



I think we're turning Japanese... it really was fun .... at the centenary camp. (to be sung like The Vapors did in 1980)



Well, if you like rain and mud that is - hmmm I think it won as my muddiest camp ever, but very few scout activities are much affected by mud or water so we packed a lot into the two days and really did have a good time. I was v busy running around shouting (the management technique of desperation!) until I lost my voice so here is a fairly random collection of images from our camp.



We were all allocated a country name for our camp, and we were Japan in the Asia sub camp - we did the proper scouty thing and made a themed gateway which I thought was the best on site (actually, I think it might have been the only proper gateway!)


One of the highlights was winning the sedan chair race! a combination of cunning oriental design, extreme running and the loudest support with drums and banners! Hurrah!


and


(the golden banana was just the temporary trophy - we got a cup too!)


Lots of acvtivities during the camp - launched our own rockets as the water rockets didnt go very high, did archery, climbing (not like the demonstration by one of our old scouts come along as helper), scouting skills, mapping skills, canoeing, cooking bunnies...... and lots of other stuff





On Saturday we entertained the Beavers to dinner and at that point I think we had 47 members of Boreatton Scout Group togther on camp - is that a record? We decided that we ought to cook at least some of the dinner over wood so I hope the Beavers like their meat served noir with a soupcon of mud!


Finally, in between times, we did some just messing about in the mud, with fires, in the wind and rain, what else are scout camps about?













Comments

love the blog - great photos!
Philippa
well she would say that wouldn't she (Ipromised her chocolate!)
Al
Teri said…
I'm very impressed by the activities that the group is putting on - and your site is v good! Well done!!
Teri said…
Incidentally - she said that she hasn't had her chocolate yet!!!